It’s a new month, in a new year and if you are like me, you are just starting to get organized and back into a normal routine after the stress and strain of the holidays and end of the year things to do. If you are also dealing with a work comp claim, maybe you have been meaning to call a lawyer with questions about your claim but have just been too busy and stressed.
A work comp claim can be stressful enough on its own, without adding in all of the other things you deal with on a daily basis. If this is your first time in the Minnesota work comp system, it can be overwhelming. It’s not unusual for someone in your situation to have a lot of questions about the claim, including:
– How much should the insurance company be paying me for wage loss every week and how did they come up with the number?
– Why have I been assigned a QRC, what the heck is a QRC and what is the QRC’s job?
– How long will my claim last and how will it end?
– Will I get a settlement at some point and, if so, how much will it be?
– Do I have to have surgery if it’s recommended by one of my doctors?
– Can I get a 2nd opinion if I am not satisfied with my current doctor?
– Does my employer have to offer me a job within my work restrictions?
These are just a few of the many, many questions I have answered over the past 38 years practicing workers’ compensation in northern Minnesota. There is no such thing as a dumb or bad question. A work comp claim can take over your life and dramatically affect your activities of daily living, your recreational activities, your finances and relationships.
At Bradt Law Offices, we are here to answer your questions and guide you through the complicated Minnesota Workers’ Compensation system. You can call at any time for a free consultation and we will be happy to assist in any way that we can. You can also find answers to a lot of common questions by spending some time visiting our blog or website.
Please don’t hesitate to call with your questions-you will always get our honest answer and honest assessment of your claim. If you have been injured on the job, we can help.